Solution for International Schools
Academic English takes 7+ years to learn. With SciLearn English you can see full year gains in as little as 3 months!
You can speed up how quickly your English language learner students develop English using the same 3-step approach that other international schools are using now. Our Build English Fast™ solution uses patented technology to:
- 1Prepare the brain to “hear” English.With a brain “wired” for Spanish or any other language, English-language learning can be slow and labored. Through English sound training exercises, your students' brains become "wired" to hear and quickly process the phonemes of English.
- 2Provide your students with 1000s of opportunities to practicegrammar, vocabulary, and listening skills using fun exercises that respond to each student.
- 3Listen and support your students as they speak and read aloud.Using advanced speech recognition technology allows you to offer support to a whole classroom of students, all at the same time.
Our Build English Fast™ solution is a combination of Fast ForWord® software (the top-ranking ELD intervention on What Works Clearinghouse) and Reading Assistant™ software, which listens to students as they read aloud.
NEW! JUST ADDED! English language development teacher lessons are now included in the Build English Fast solution.
Stuck at Intermediate?
Don’t let your students plateau. So many English Language Learners struggle to move beyond the basic and intermediate levels, but when a group of Deer Valley, AZ USD English Language Learners used the Fast ForWord program, 68% of the “Intermediate” students moved up to Proficient in less than a school year.
How and Why Fast ForWord Helps Students Process Language Better
Brain Research and Fast ForWord Program
Why Reading Assistant Program Works Explained by Dr. Marta Burns
Reading Assistant Teacher Testimonial
Fast ForWord is an online reading intervention that uses the principles of neuroplasticity–the ability of the brain to rewire and improve–to accelerate English language learning. It is also the top ranked intervention for English language development on What Works Clearinghouse!
What skills does it target?
- Builds the phonemic map in the brain for the English language
- Helps to speed up English language acquisition
- Teaches new vocabulary
- Targets listening comprehension and following directions
- Incorporates all forms of English grammar, simple to complex
Reading Assistant is the only online reading tool that uses speech recognition to support English Language Learners as they read aloud.
How does it work?
- Acts as a non-judgmental listener, guiding English Language Learners (ELLs) through just-right reading selections
- Corrects ELLs when they misread a word
- Builds ease and comfort with speaking and reading in English
- Helps to build language and reading fluency
A unique neuroscience based program designed to improve your child's English skills. This program is currently rated #1 for English language skills development by WWC (The What Works Clearinghouse within the U.S. Department of Education), a central and trusted source of scientific evidence on education programs.
Unlike other programs for improving English, Fast ForWord is focused on building and strengthening the brain networks essential for developing full language proficiency. This program is used by many international schools around the world and by schools in English-speaking countries to help English learners achieve full academic English level faster. As a part of this brain training, students improve memory, attention, processing and sequencing skills - all contributing to better academic achievements overall, not only in English lessons.
Get this program for your school
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +420 608 476 041
Build the English Language Learner's Brain
Presented by Dr. Martha S. Burns (webinar recording)
In this webinar Dr. Martha Burns explains the challenges that English Language Learners (ELLs) face and how to build English skills fast. She also explains why SciLearn English (Fast ForWord and Reading Assistant programs) are uniquely positioned to help ELL students. The Q&A section of the webinar has been edited with slides to provide better clarity.